Re: Melee Movement/Action chart

I think it suffers from collapsing the Movement Phase and the Action Phase into one set of decisions, but engaged state can change during both phases, and original Wizard and Advanced Melee made it clear that a figure can dodge, defend, or drop if they moved 1/2 MA or less.

So I would have two sections:

One for how far you can move during the movement phase based on whether you were engaged or not (a very simple chart).

Another for what actions you can take during the action phase, based on how far you moved and whether you are engaged or not at the time you act.

That way it will be clearer that you can in fact move 1/2 MA and still Defend.

I would also not require being engaged to Defend in any case, so it's clear that Defend is available against 2-hex jabs.

And I would not list last-shot missile attacks as if they required you not have moved at all.