From: Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com>
To: tft <tft@brainiac.com>
Sent: Fri, Mar 22, 2019 3:27 pm
Subject: It's here!

Got back from a business trip to find a honkin' big box from Steve Jackson
Games - the "I Want It All" package!

I really never thought I'd see this.  I started this list over 20 years ago
when the Internet was brand spanking new and I was running a dialup ISP.
I was trying out this new-fangled thing called a search engine (AltaVista)
and wanted to try a fairly obscure thing to search on.  Above my computer
was a shelf with all my old Metagaming games, so I tried searching on
Metagaming and The Fantasy Trip.  I found a small Yahoo mailing list, but
there wasn't much, so I started my own mailing list.

Over the decades, I've learned so much about the history of Metagaming,
the Microgame series, and especially TFT.  I found a small but fervent
group of folks who were as passionate about these old games as I was, and
I've had decades of enjoyment talking to them (you!) about these games.

And now...  wow.

This is beautiful.  Everything about this is stunning.  The playmats,
the books (hardcover!), the counters, they're all so nice!

Now to get a game together!