Innolith's Breakthru battery.

Hi all,
  Please excuse the off topic post, but this is huge.

  Innolith AG (a Swiss maker of batteries), has announced a new battery
with triple the energy storage density.  It is made out of inexpensive
compounds so it is likely to be cheaper than current batteries, and can
cycle thru twice as many charge - discharge cycles than current Lithium
ion batteries.

  Read more here:

https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2019/04/triple-battery-density-in-3-5-years-for-triple-electric-car-range.html

  If this works the way it is claimed, it will change the world.  Gasoline
powered vehicles won’t be able to compete except in specialized
situations.

  This makes renewable power MUCH more viable as grid level storage
has always been a huge problem.

  This looks to be a bit better than the Maxwell Technology Batteries that
Tesla bought this February.  So it looks like TWO companies have breakthru
battery technology.

  Frankly, I’ve been shocked how quickly batteries have improved in the last
5 years.  If the cost per kilowatt hour for mass production batteries come
down just a bit farther, we will see the world change.

  Interesting times.

  Warm regards, Rick.