From: Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com>
Date: 8/4/20 2:08 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: Re: Steve Jackson just announced a new printing of Fantasy Forum

On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 15:23:08 -0500
Kevin Perryman <kevinperryman@gmail.com> wrote:

> HAT?!?!?  Did you not get the CAR WARS Kickstarter I want it all.   Come all - you must not be a real Metagaming connoisseur - FOMO or not.   LOL  just kidding of course.   I missed the Ogre KS and really wish I had not.

OF COURSE I'm in on the Car Wars KS! (even though it was never a Metagaming
release.) I got the "Uncle Al's New Year's Special" at $146, which is pretty
much all of it.  I'm not a miniature painter by any means and I'm a bit
disappointed that the cars are all grey.  I may have to just spray paint
the sets different colors.  (I can hear the collective gasp from mini painters
already!)

I missed the Ogre KS at the time since I was broke, but managed to get a
shrink-wrapped designer's edition a couple of years later for a pretty
reasonable price.  (Thanks, Alex!)

At the end of it, I'm thrilled that these games have been resurrected and
that there's more stuff than I could ever imagine buying.  It means Steve
and company will continue to make even more cool games.  And Munchkin
spinnoffs.