Re: (TFT) Introduction

Introducing ... in the red corner ...

My name is Dan Tulloh and I've been gaming ever since ... geez,
my freshman year of high school (some 24 years ago, I think).

I didnt get into RPGs until college however.  While I liked AD&D
(anybody here remember "Chainmail"?), I was really fascinated
with the boardgame aspect of TFT.  This never translated into
liking minatures, though to this day I'm not sure why - I'm just
not a minatures enthusiast, I guess.

I had all of the microgames that Metagaming had put out at one
point, but then I had a brain cramp and decided to get rid of
the ones I didnt play (that meant just everything besides TFT,
Ogre and GEV).  I've since come to my senses though and have
almost entirely rebuilt my collection.

At the current time, I am a simulation programmer for the US
Army - we do computer wargaming to test the feasibility of new
and proposed weapons systems and/or tactics.  Its an interesting
job, but its easy to get bogged down in the details.  Our main
battle model has over 425,000 lines of code and keeping this
straight really keeps me on my toes.

I always liked the "tinkerability" of the microgames - you
could play around with them without having to devote months
in attaining an intimate knowledge of the game system.

Of course I have a few monster games (SFB and Squad Leader
come to mind), but I still like going back to those microgames
when I want to just kick back and enjoy an evening of gaming.

Dan