Re: (TFT) Welcome!

>"My name is Dave, and I'm a gamer."
>(Like Alcoholics Anonymous says, the first step in resolving a personal
>problem is to admit it. :-) )
>
>Like a lot of other people on the list, I played D&D/AD&D first, then got
>into Melee/Wizard/TFT, first as a B&P game, then as a solo RPG, and finally
>as the GM of a hack-n-slash campaign.
>
>And I haven't really played any RPGs since the early 80's, though I did buy
>some GURPS stuff (largely due to the connections with TFT) and GURPS would
>be the system of choice if I were playing an RPG.  Is there anyone on the
>list who's actively role-playing, or are we all just here to reminisce? (I
>know Guy McLinmore must be playing, anyway.)

"My name is Andrew, and I'm a gamer."
I still play (way too often, if you ask my wife).  TFT was one of my
first forays into FRP (after AD&D, of course).  Though it, too, has
generated some redesign, it is still one of my favorite systems.  GURPS
was a logical progression, and an interesting of mesh of two of the
better systems out there (TFT and The Hero System), but sometimes too
clumsy in comparison to its parent system, IMHO.

--Andrew M.