Re: (TFT) A visit to the old stomping grounds

<amorris5@concentric.net> wrote:
> Ultima gooooood.
>
> Well, some of the later ones at least...

I tried Ultima 2 years ago and was underwhelmed.  A decade or so later,
I played Ultima Underworld II and had a lot of fun with it.  There were
some excellent puzzles in it, which is something that one finds in the
best RPG adventures.  Hacking and slashing for fun and profit (and
experience) is one thing, but there's nothing like the satisfaction of
pulling the right items together and having something special happen.

Which reminds me... on last week's Deep Space 9, Gul Dukat used some old
Bajoran artifacts and chants to infuse himself with some power.  As soon
as I saw it, it reminded me of an RPG!

        Joe Hartley - jh@brainiac.com - brainiac services, inc
 PO Box 5069 : Greene, RI : 02827 - vox 401.539.9050 : fax 401.539.2070