(TFT) Doing what you gotta do...

Nils K Hammer at nh0g+@andrew.cmu.edu on 7/7/98 11:41 AM said:

>I understand that it may be unworthy to profit from anothers work,
>but I also consider it unworthy for an admirable work of art to languish
>unseen by future generations. Friends of mine have a fierce opposition to
>unauthorized software copies, but if they can't find the place to buy some
>sheet music they want, they will grudgingly go along with photocopying.

It's a SHAME for an admirable work to languish. But the shame is mostly
on those who fail to allow it to be shared with the world. But I have
sympathy with your side of this, too. As a Godzilla movie fan, I've
bought bootleg copies of Japanese release prints of Godzilla films when I
couldn't buy legal ones in this country. (I'm not proud of it, but it's a
fact.) Now that I *CAN* buy legal copies, though, I've been doing so even
though in a few cases my bootlegs from Japanese laserdiscs are better
quality than the EP-speed dubs being officially released. Why? Because I
felt it was the only right thing to do. I would personally draw the line
at SELLING a bootleg tape, though. Which may make me some form of a
hypocrite on some level. We each do what our passions require, and make
whatever deals we can with ourselves to let us look in the mirror each
morning.

>Fortunately with melee, an experienced player who remember things
>needs almost nothing to play. I was once in a Roy Rogers sandwich shop
>and discovered the sandwich wrappers had a hex pattern on them. I took
>my 6 sided pencils from my pocket and wrote numbers on each side to
>act as dice. Then I took little sandwich bits to use as playing pieces.

Hee-hee! You're almost as far gone as I am. Good to meet you, brother!
Nice to know that obsessions are shared things.

Guy McLimore / guymc@evansville.net
MC+ Creations Game Design and Consulting
http://bounce.to/mcplus