Re: (TFT) Microquests

kohr@aeon.engr.sgi.com (Dave Kohr) wrote:
> GrailQuest was also well-balanced, and IMHO by far the best adventure
> of them all.

As I've mentioned, the GQ game I'm in now has really gotten me hooked
again.  I may be spoiled against the DeathTests now except for solo
walkthroughs to keep a game going for myself.

The thing I really like about the MQ's is that they're easy to do in
a PBEM situation, with only one or two map boards to deal with.  I've
been looking at Tollenkar's Lair to see how that could be done as a
PBEM game, and it's certainly possible, but there's a lot of map
maintenance involved.  The MQ's I've done so far are simple because
there's a standard map, like the Melee map, or the OrbQuest level map,
but I keep thinking larger than that.

Let me get all the MQ's out of the way first :)