Re: (TFT) The Missing Attribute

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998 11:31:50 -0600 "Ty Beard" <tbeard@e-tex.com> writes:
>Many TFT players feel that TFT lacks an attribute. I'd like to know
>what
>attributes you have added to the game, if any.
>
>I haven't added any attributes myself (other than Combat Reflex Point,
>but
>they're not really attributes). But if I did want to add one, it would
>be
>Perception. This attribute would replace IQ rolls for noticing
>things,
>surprises, and even to figure out when someone is lying. Comments?

This reminds me of something that I've been meaning to bring up to the
list... way back in Different Worlds #15, there was an article that
suggested splitting the three TFT attributes into no less than six stats.
 Without re-posting the entire article, it broke down roughly as follows:

Strength (ST) gets split into

	Strength (ST) - ability to use weapon, do damage, carry encumberence,
etc.

	Hit Points (HP) - all damage taken, whether from weapon damage or
fatigue

Intelligence (IQ) gets split into

	Intelligence (IQ) - Ability to learn spells and talents

	Knowledge (KN) - # of spells and talents that can be learned

Dewterity (DX) gets split into

	Dexterity (DX) - saving rolls, initiative

	Success Chance (SC) - determines whether a spell or attack is successful

Any comments?  I can't see the need (except for symmetry, perhaps) for
seperating DX into two different stats, but the other suggestions look
playable.

                                       Perry
"Standing behind the girl won't do you any good, she'll only stop 3
points."