Re: (TFT) RE: Copywrite Questions

<< >A re-release with updated artwork and better organization, more examples
and
 >support material would have as good a chance as anything new coming out
IMHO.

 That's the thing, though -- "AS GOOD a chance as anything new". Not a
 significantly BETTER chance. There's little there worth paying any
 untoward price to obtain. A brand new system has as much chance of
 catching on as a revived TFT would, so why pay for the rights to TFT?

I agree there. TFT is still a wonderful system. A game doesn't have to be
"current"
to be fun. But by the same token, there are many fun games out there. I love
TFT for
the memories I have playing it. I love TFT for the simplicity of its game
machanics. I love TFT for many things. But I love many other games for much
the same reason. There are new games coming out all the time. Most lean toward
complicated time consuming game systems. With GURPS I found myself preparing
for 2 weeks for a game that would
last 4-6 hours. My interest are now with games that take very little prep
time. Games like TFT had me building a small
adventure in less time than it took me to run it. Thats what I miss most
about todays games. There is a change coming though. Check out the game Guy
is so proud of. He's proud of it for a reason. It's a wonderfuf system.
It has all the simplicity of TFT with the scope of GURPS. All the positive
traits I listed above toward TFT equally apply
to this fantastic game system. I'll always love TFT. That goes without
saying. But bringing it back really isn't needed if you find a game that
fills the gap TFT left behind.

Rod