Re: (TFT) Re: Thrown weapon talent

On 09/20/99 20:34:36 you wrote:

>Stan stated about thrown weapons,
>
><<<<Obviously he can throw that axe and then
>ready another one all in a single action. >>>>
>
>Trying to be too realistic with these generally unrealistic but fun rules
>are ya!  Ha!
>
>The options are according to Advanced Melee are attack with your ready
>weapon or throw a weapon (combat option I a.) or change weapons (combat
>option IV b.) and neither the twain shall meet, according to the rules.  So
>your player's ready weapon would be thrown as his option for the turn and
>the next turn he would have to ready a weapon, unless he had thrown weapons
>talent.

Oh, but he *does*...

My point is only this - that someone with the TW talent can throw an
already readied weapon (small axe #1) and ready another (small axe #2).
Once axe #2 is ready, it's readied for all purposes, so on the very next
turn he can strike with it in melee.

Now the thrown weapons talent says (basically) "ready a weapon and throw
it in the same action".  Never thinking about it any further than that, I
had never thought about throwing an already-prepared weapon and preparing
another--the sum of which is the same thing as allowed by the talent, but
taken in reverse order.

Now I could rules-lawyer the point and say that for some odd reason
Mr. Thrown Weapons Talent can't throw and ready, he can only ready and
throw.  However, this would make no sense, as the time taken up will be
the same regardless of the order in which the throwing/readying takes place.

Of course, you are correct that someone *without* the TW talent would
need a second action to prepare the next weapon, whether it's throwable
or not.

Am I making any sense?  I suspect that I'm making a fuss about something
everyone else realized about 20 years ago.