Re: (TFT) Americans and history, Duh!

grabowski wrote:

> Seth stated,
>
> <<<Americans are historical illiterates>>>
>
> Now don't generalize, Seth.  Remember the United States won a
> war against Great Britain to keep ourselves that way.

Yeah!  We didn't fight all those guys in the war of 1912 for
nothing!  I mean, if it weren't for Franklin Roosevelt and the
Toughriders charging down San Juan hill at those limeys, we'd
be speaking Gaelic today!  And what about Captain John Paul
Jones?  Before he became pope, he was a famous captain in our
navy--sunk some British battleship called the Derriere.  As he
said when asked to surrender the Batogne, his famous frigate:
"Nuts!  I've barely begun the fight, and now the trick is to
make the other poor dumb bastard die for his country!"