Re: (TFT) plate and half-plate...opinions wanted

>I also have to agree with Rick. I'd like to believe that Steve Jackson
>knows a little bit more about game balance than I do.

Sorry, I

Good. Cause I didn't say that.

But with THIS particular section of the rules - the balance of DX
modifications to Hits Stopped, I think this is pretty well thought out.

Remember, his primary design goal was a balanced combat boardgame - not how
powerful starting characters are. I wouldn't underestimate Steve Jacksons
wargaming design background so easily....

Sure, but the armor wasn't designed for adventuring PCs. It was designed
for soldiers paid for by the King. At which point custom fitting Fine Plate
for every knight doesn't make a lot of sense.....

Your viewpoint seems very PC-oriented. Not that there's anything wrong with
that, but I don't think that the armor types were designed *only* for
adventuring PCs.

value.

I still don't understand why it *should* have a DX penatly equal to its
protection value, just because the first three armor types do. That seems
to me to be just where the numbers balanced...

Somebody said they wanted opinions.....that's mine....

Michael

====Post to the entire list by writing to tft@brainiac.com.