(TFT) Angels, demons, and Tolkien

> I belive that he tried to make a ring of power of his
> own (it mentions that there was a flash of light between his
> fingers when Gandaalf first confronted him. An 'opal ring'?).
> When it failed to multiply his power as the one ring did for
> Sauron, his power was lost.
> The books also mentioned that he was studying
> ring lore and how to make rings of power.
>
> Just a theory with little evidence to back it up.
>
> Rick

Saruman more than likely lost his power when Gandalf became the White.  When
Gandalf the Grey's body perished fighting the Balrog but as one source
states his spirit lived on allowing the hand of the Valar to intervene in
his death and return him as Gandalf the White.  This stripped the power of
the Valar away from Saruman, who then only had alchemy, his creations, and
voice to depend on for power.  Once Orcthanc was broken by the Ents, his
creations were destroyed and he was imprisoned leaving him almost powerless
except for his oratory and a few henchmen, Grima Wormtongue among them.

Yours in the Middle Earth part of Cidri,
Justin

As most of you know there are 3 LOTR movies being produced in New Zealand
right now.  If interested click on   www.theonering.net