Re: Re: (TFT) Hundred strength elemental

thorn wrote:
>> Michael Taylor wrote:
>>
>> So what IS the most fST a wizard could use a in one day?
>
>...the math says 4ST per hour.  Which means _any_ mage is able
>to AID for that much, but ignores the (to me) logic of more
>powerful mages being worth more...That's why my house rules
>include a POwer stat, to fuel spells, and why that PO stat
>recovers faster than 'f'ST.

So PO recovers faster than ST under your system?

If you don't use ST to power spells at all, meaning every
spell-caster has a PO rating, why would a faster rate make
any difference--as long as the rate is constant, you'd have
the same situation, whether it's 4 points per hour or 10
points per hour.

But if everyone uses ST and only accomplished wizards have
PO then this would work out.

Another way would be to make the rate of recovery (of
everything) proportional to the total--like in the
chaosium systems where you recover your full complement
of magic points over the course of 24 hours.  That way
the more you have the faster you regain each point.

Another approach would be to introduce some talents
for the advanced wizards:

Meditation: IQ13, requires 2 point of IQ to learn
Allows the character to regain two extra fST per hour
of rest.

Meditation II: IQ 16, requires 2 points of IQ to learn
Allows the character to regain four extra fST per hour
of rest.
Prereq: meditation

(Or something along those lines.)  These would be some
of the talents that wizards do not have to pay more than
heroes to learn.

Just a couple of thoughts.  Personally, I don't mind
things the way they are.