Re: (TFT) What makes a good Solo / Programmed Adventure?

Pasha and or Rick Smith wrote:

>         Hi everyone,
>
>         The one thing I've never been able to do well
> in TFT is making a good programmed adventure.  I was
> wondering if anyone had any thoughts that make one
> great or ho-hum.

My 2 cents on what makes for a good programmed adventure:

Choices of action where a close reading of the text gives
some clue as to which is the best way to proceed.

Multiple ways to 'finish' the adventure (not counting 'if you
won the last big fight go to 113, if you all died go to 264').

Provide places where characters with talents other than "hit
with axe" can employ them.  New followers, thief, alertness,
and naturalist come to mind as ones that could easily be inserted.

Try to locate decision points at places where you can provide
choices that cover most reasonable courses of action, and do so.
If the two choices are "attack the guard or bribe the guard" in
a situation where someone could reasonably try to sneak past or
fasttalk the guard, then the player is going to feel artificially
constrained by the adventure.

All that being said, fighting is of course integral to any TFT
solo (at least any TFT solo that I'd care to run through).
I think the key here is interesting fights with some scope
for tactics, not just line 'em up and knock 'em downs.

Okay, maybe that ended up as more $1.27 rather than 2 cents, but
whatever.