Re: (TFT) Converting Dungeons and Droolers...

That seems like a drastic oversimplification. It's easy to say - but not
very realistic in practice. All of us tried to 'fix' D&D by modifying it at
one time - myself included. Realistically the farther away from what you
want the system is, the more work it is to modify.

If what your saying were literally true - no one would ever play anything
else. We wouldn't need any other rule systems at all. We'd just 'go outside
of D&D's rules'!

But all I've done is change the TFT combat system from one Microgame combat
system to another very similar. Neither the combat system nor the rest of
the game broke. The TFT design is modular enough to stand up to massive
changes without affecting the rest of the system. The same is not true of
the D&D design.

I want to play "D&D" only without character classes and levels and armor
class and using spell points and without Charisma and Wisdom and
Constitution. And all I have to do is 'go outside the rules...'? I dont
think so...

I think I have to go to another system!

Why is that a limiit? How are you *not* limited to that with 'non-tactical'
combat?

Michael