Re: (TFT) Thoughts on Cidri

Quite Confused writes:

> 100 times the surface area isn't really possable. It's along
> the same lines as Dan mentions in his reply;
>
> <<BIG planets
> such as the kind they describe for Cidri have their own
> problems: if the radius were ten times the size of earth,
> you'd need a much lower density in order to maintain 1G at
> the surface, then you'd have to worry about people jumping
> up into the air and launching themselves into orbit, etc.>>
>
> except that 1G = exactally the earths gravity at sea level
> at the equator. Nobodys jumping anywhere. If Jupiter was
> just a hair bigger it'd be a brown dwarf (it's already radio
> bright) if the earth was 100 times the surface area but only
> dense enough to hold a 1G surface acceleration it'd spin it's
> self apart in short order. Details to follow tonight.

Probably true, but don't go all out on my account.  :)   I
was just yammering.  Point is, a world THAT big has problems,
you have to keep making allowances to account for it.  The
idea of gating to multiple worlds is interesting, but every-
one would have to be able to pass through the gates and what
happens if they break down, etc.

No, Cidri was put there so that Metagaming would have a
common world they could eventually write stories, modules
and/or quests around.  Sorry - this has always made me grind
my teeth and now, well, there just aint as many teeth to
grind as there useta be.

Dan