(TFT) Schroedinger's Illusory Cat

Neil Gilmore wrote:

> This brings up another one of those interesting puzzles. What about an
> illusion cast in darkness (or Shadow). If it isn't seen, then can it have
> any effect? If it does, then an illusory light would light things up. If
> not, not.

This is another issue entirely.  I can see two interpretations:

A)  If Magus Schroedinger has an Illusory cat in a box, the Magus knows
it's there, and presumably provides whatever belief is needed to keep it
around.  If the Magus creates such a cat in a Shadowed hex, his own
awareness of it is enough.

B)  If Magus Schroedinger has an Illusory cat in a box, the Magus knows
it's there, and the cat's own senses, which the Magus shares, provide
whatever feedback is needed to keep it around.  If the Magus creates
such a cat in a Shadowed hex, his own awareness of it is not enough, and
the cat vanishes.

I prefer A, because I don't think Shadow or normal darkness should be
proof against Illusions.  But I'll concede that the matter is unclear.