Re: (TFT) Megahex Freeze

David Michael Grouchy II wrote:

> >From: Michael Taylor <MichaelTaylor1@compuserve.com>
> >
> >He falls like a stone crushing the group and teaching them
> >a valuable lesson about tactics....

And about trusting your GM, it would seem.  4-hx dragon, per the
original question...  Does it have the ability to 'crush by fiat'?
No...  It can land on you for HTH.  Seems the dragons of your world
ought to learn 'belly-flop jutsu', if such deadliness is to be had.
"Fly above the humans, young hatchling...  And then... relax..."

This 'teach them a lesson' position is one of the worst of GM maladies.
A tactical error on the party's part should not change your physics.
And your physics should not
include anything you can't accept from a player's perspective.  Or you
may find your spell-shielded Archlich crushed beneath a PC's Dragon
ally, courtesy of Freeze, and your own punitive precedent.

It's another system, but I remember one GM delighting in the destruction
of a bag of holding full of goodies, because another space-warping item
(a 'scabbard ring', rather common in that world) was placed within.
Big, deadly explosion...  The player whose character was wearing that
ring never forgot the lesson.  And after he created a mechanician, and
devised a ballista warhead that pushed such a ring back into such a
pocket... neither did the GM.

> To all,
>     Another point of contention I got from my players.  After killing an Orc
> and analyzing his magic Item I got cries of "Bogus!"  The orc had a ring
> shadow.  It also gave the orc immunity to shadow.  It was called the "ring
> of the Apep"  I figured this would let the Orc see.  The players insisted
> that the immunity would nullify the shadow.  That if I wanted the Orc to see
> he would have had to pay for a full mage sight.

Postulate Shadesight, a 'see through shadow' spell.  Or allow personal
immunity to weilder of the ring as an option in Item creation.  Or tell
them what they have, and let them argue with 'the hand'.

Seems to me they were trying to ramp up the item they already had.  I
wonder if they would rule so broadly about the ring they _don't_ have
yet.  Particularly if they use Illusions and such.