Re: Re: Re: (TFT) Frozen Fliers

tft@brainiac.com wrote:
> So what if the target has a magical ability to levitate, since
> both Gargoyles and Dragons have wings - and presumably they
> wings are 'flapping' when they are flying, even if the ability
> is purely magical, Freezing the body seems like it should affect
> their flying by Freezing their wings. Shouldn't it?

Probably.  My comment was specifically about gargoyles, because
ITL does mention that most of their flying ability is some sort
of levitation power.  But even in their case I would imagine that
the wings are needed for true controlled flight.  All I really
meant was that a gargoyle should probably be able to make a
somewhat controlled landing.  (Although in re-reading my
original comment I see that I didn't really convey my thought
very well.)

As far as dragons, I see the validity of Rick's point, that the
creature will probably glide for some distance before plowing
into the ground.  Unless it was making a 'power dive' or something
when it was Frozen, it probably really wouldn't land in the hex
it was in when the spell hit.  This has nothing to do with
levitation vs wings, it's just the physics of a winged flyer
suddenly going rigid.

As far as running people falling over when a Freeze hits them,
well they probably should.  I mean, do they just stand there
on one foot in some gravity-defying pose?  Seems weird to me.

Of course, the same should probably also happen in D&D when
running people are hit with a Hold Person--but usually no
one bothers.