(TFT) RE: Calendar system --> Galactic years changing constellations

>      WORLDS: Some of the gates on Cidri still lead to other worlds.  Cidri
> itself does not exist in the same universe as Earth.  But what if it did.
> What if the alternate Earths were the same earth and the stars just appeared
> different because it was so far in the future, or past, that the
> constellations were unrecognizable.  It takes 250 million years for the sun
> to travel completely around the milky way galaxy.  With the Earth being
> estimated at 4.55 billion years old this means the Earth is only 18 galactic
> years old.  If each of the 371 alternate Earths was the same Earth, just in
> a different galactic year, there wouldnt be nearly enough.  Especially
> considering a lot of the Earths early time was in an unstable state for
> intelligent life.  That is unless the majority of the alternate earths are
> still in our future.

	If you are looking for a new star field you
don't have to wait for a full galactic year.  For example
one of the most prominent stars in our skies is Sirus,
but it is a blue super giant that has a life time of only
a dozen million years or so.

	What is more, most of the stars in our skies
have rapid proper motions across our point of view. I
estimate that even 1/10 th of a galactic year would be
enough to completely change our skies.

	I'm not sure about your assumption that the
Mnoren didn't find any uninhabited planets. Let us say
they came across a totally uninteresting lump of rock
with no atmosphere or an unbreathable one. Would
they count that as one of their 'worlds'?

	I always assumed that Cidri was on a Dyson
Sphere.

	Rick