(TFT) Gurps as in Burps

Brett stated,

   The tactical combat system of
GURPS is not as good as TFT's. Each turn in GURPS is one second, where

a turn is 5 seconds in TFT (or is it six). I think the combat turn is too
short in

GURPS.

That was always my turn off about GURPS and one of the major reasons I
stopped playing it. Think about how many things the normal person can do in
"One Mississippi."  In a combat turn, dodge as much as you want, block,
parry, and ATTACK, I think not.  It was better as "Man-to-Man."  Also
skills are too easy to come by as well.  I believe a TFT character is being
rooked when it comes to beginning talents but a GURPS character can overly
indulge himself with skills.  There are problems with TFT's combats system
(ie. charges, HTH, etc) but it is much easier to play than GURPS, which tried to
be too realistic when game combat can never be.  Think of yourself growing
up in a fist fight/wrestling match with the "schoolyard bully".  Could that
really be portrayed in a game with dice without taking longer than the typical
fight itself.  Just a few thoughts.

Yours in Cidri,

Justin

--- grabowskis@earthlink.net