(TFT) No worse thing than Thief 3

Michael,
        Can you REALLY think of no worse thing than
a Thief 3 talent in a role playing game or is this
just poetic exaggeration to dramatize your point?

        Rick<

No, I meant that I can thinking of nothing worse than players thinking in
terms of "game mechanics".

As in: "Well. we really need to hire a 5th level Thief because his Pick
Locks is in the 9th percentile!"

If I heard that from players, I'd pretty much know I had the wrong rules!

Sure, it's going to come down to that eventually, but as the TFT rules are
now, all you know is that they are a "Master Theif".

So to find out if you really should hire this guy, then you have to look at
a Theif's reputation, his legends, interview him, find out his loyalties.
In other words. Roleplaying!

Michael