Re: (TFT) Weapon Multiplier --> Repost

From: "Neil Gilmore" <raito@raito.com>

I'd guess however many it would take to take up 1/3 of a hex...

Really though, I thought rats had to get into your hex to attack
you. If so, then they don't engage from an adjacent hex.

Neil,
Excellent point. Consider the image spell. A wizard creates an image three hexes away. It is a bear and it engages an orc. The orc perceives that he is endangered. When the orc attacks it, it disappears. But the whole process has bought the wizard a turn, maybe two to flee. With that precedent consider wasps. It seems that a swarm of wasps dense enough could constitute a percieved endangerment. Stinging the character and then forcing them back one hex to drive them away from the next. Rats have to move onto a figures hex to attack that figure. Being much smaller, they can be considered to be in HTH but the figure isn't. He can trample and move as though they are not there. It seems to me that at some point they should be able to drag the wizard down to the ground. Just from sheer mass of numbers. By extension look at the giant. One lone man can't engage a giant in HTH. Neither can two. The way the rules are neither can three. No number of humans can engage a giant in HTH. What I'm proposing is that if the total ST of the humans exceeds the giants attribute total, that they can engage the giant in HTH and get him on the floor. It would take about four brave souls with a giant. About six braver souls for a 4-hex dragon. And about fourteen of the bravest souls to do the same to a 14-hex dragon.

  David Michael Grouchy II