Re: (TFT) Weapon Multiplier --> Repost

>From: "David Michael Grouchy II" > So the question is this. How many
rats does it take to engage >an >armored knight? I know most players balk
at the very idea of being >engaged >by nuisance creatures. It seems that
a swarm of rats should be able >to >reach critical mass at some point
though. Ten, twenty, or maybe >thirty two? > Would anyone object to this
optional rule, even if it threatened >their own >character? > > NUISANCE
OPTION: A figure is engaged by small 1 ST nuisance >creatures >when the
total number of creatures in the figures hex exeeds their >attribute
>total. The figure may then be engaged, knocked down, even forced >back.
> > David Michael Grouchy II >  I would agree to that.  This would also
apply to kids.  I remember in Thieves World where the Crime Lord was in
an alley with the beggar kids.  They brought him down by sheer numbers.
(they may have had some weapons though). Now another question.  If you
can only be engaged by an enemy with a weapon, does that mean you are not
engaged in a barroom brawl?  So if you wanted to engage that Hells Angel
long enough for the "law" to come, you need to break a bottle and wield
it?  How about your wooden mug as a type of cestus? By the way, I like
the Drop Weapon idea as a way to break engagement.  Or you could freeze
them.  And if someone is SO FRIGHTENED that they are stiff, but still
holding a weapon, are they a  potential threat? HailmeleeJohn Paul