Re: RE: (TFT) Monsters --> Prootwaddle IQ.

rsmith@lightspeed.ca> wrote:
> Prootwaddles are the race that tests the rule.
> If you are going to use prootwaddles the IQ 6
> (handicaps) talents are a must.

Ogres are somewhat the same way--IQ6.  Yeah, they're dumb, they can only use clubs, but are they dumber than chimps?  Maybe *as* dumb...

> Actually I like your statement that in a
> fantasy game, IQ 6 mammals (smart horses,
> etc.) ARE smart enough to talk.  They just
> need the tongues spell so that they can
> form the words.

I like that too.

> What are peoples feelings on prootwaddles?

I never use them, but they are mentioned
often enough that it appears some people
like them.

> With TFT having so little space for
> monsters, I would have preferred the
> space be spent on things to kill.

My feelings exactly.

Q: Okay, so an ogre and an ape
   have a chess match.  Who wins?
A: Ape is white.  Here's the match
   in TFT chess notation.

Ape  - QR-K8?
Ogre - DCk??  (devours chess clock)
Ape  - aB-OB!! (knocks all black
              pieces off the board)
Ogre - SB/2? (smashes board in half)
Ape  - QR/K/Kt/KP ->> O?? (throws a handful
              of pieces at his opponent)
Ogre - CO!! (devours opponent)