(TFT) Branya 4

    "That story is related in my other book, The Galmour Trip."
    He spins to face the rear the hem of his robe flaring out.
"This is to be my account of what happened after I returned to the light."
    He stretches his hand forward pointing his staff.
                   -Glemantrious "The Glamour Trip"

Now chaos had spies walking the city at night. Learning the languages. Making deals. Converting the undecided. I returned to my tower and planned how to help these small sorry groups of adventureres. Using the crystal ball I searched out talented help. People with plans, who I would convince to join a group. So they could bring some success. This was a disaster. A group of adventurers is a strange thing. It has it's own Identity and seems to naturally resist newcomers. Particularly newcomers with ideas. Out of almost two dozen attempts everyone of my volunteers was killed. Either by neglect or outright malice. They were almost always sent out front. Or asked to disarm every trap. Wether they were a doctor or tactician. It didn't matter. After a while these groups of adventureres came up with a name for the new comers I sent them. "Point man." To this day the term "point man" is an inside joke. It is also the most dangerous position. Some groups bring up to eight point men with them as they have to keep replacing them. Just the other day I overheard a group who was being joined by a late comer. One I hadn't sent them. A fellow who wanted to join on his own. He asked "What don't ya'll have" thinking they would say Halberdier, or Archer, or even Wizard when they said "Point man" and all started laughing. While the point man had extended the life of some groups it wasn't the resounding success I was looking for. In fact it had become a joke. Sure, with a point man traps and pit falls were not as big a problem anymore, but it was a huge drain on the general pool of manpower. I would have to come up with something else.

    David Michael Grouchy II