(TFT) I knew this guy

I knew this guy. My first DM ever, Robert Miles. He calls me up to brag. 'I've made a cool new campaign. It's got twelve dungeons at least eight levels each. One of them is fourty seven levels, but you're not ready for that. All mapped out on graph paper. I know where all the artifacts are. Come over and make a character!' So I head over to his house for a solo adventure. He has me roll some dice and tells me I'm a human cleric. Then he pulls out his graph paper. I've never seen anything like it. The grids are, well, tiny. It's green and he says he got it from his dad who is an engeneer. He has a contenent drawn with a main river going up the middle and mountains around the edges. Several cities and roads are marked and labeld. And scattered in the mountains are red numbers. He points at one at the very top. 'See this one? This is the dungeon with fourty seven levels. Anyone who even tries to open the door to this dungeon dies, no saving throw.' At this point I'm looking at him sideways. 'I guess you'd have to teleport around the door then.' Robert immediately pulls the map back and slips it in his folder. 'That wouldn't work. It's protected against magic.' And he starts in on the adventure. I'm working for a temple in town. The high preist wants me to go see <so-and-so>. (I call him <so-and-so> because I can't remember the name Robert told me.) I'm to go pick up something important from him and bring it back to the temple. at this point Robert's eyes light up... 'Or all will be lost.'
    'O.K.' I say 'I go.'
    Robert asks me 'Which way do you go?  North, south, east, or west.'
    'Ummm, you mean I don't know?  Uh, I go to where ever that guy is.'
    'Where ever WHAT guy is.'
'Ummm the guy I'm supposed to see.' I realize this isn't going to work. 'Heck, I go ask the high preist for directions.'
    'Your not in the temple any more.'  Robert says quickly.
    'I go back.'
    'The door is closed.'
    'I open it.'
    'It's locked.'
    At this point I take a deep breath and say very calmly.  'I knock.'
Robert goes into a narrative. 'An ocolyte in black robes opens the door. "what do you want!" he demands.' Robbert smiles. 'You're too late. The whole temple is evil now.' I look at Robert amazed. What can be going on inside his mind? 'Robert, I've only been gone five minutes. Tops. What are you telling me. That an entire group of evil clerics came in; killed everyone, removed the bodies, cleaned up the blood, changed all the carpets and curtains and equipment, changed the locks, set up operations, and have someone guarding the door.' I run out of breath at this point. 'All... All.. in the space of five minutes!?'
    'Right.'  Says Robert.  I have never seen him look so smug.

    David Michael Grouchy II