Re: (TFT) d20 TFT

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Michael Grouchy II" <david_michael_grouchy_ii@hotmail.com>
To: <tft@brainiac.com>

> Ty,
>    Below is my super-sumerized version of your new campaign rules.  My
> comments come at the end.  Right off though, I say that any GM who
presents
> their players with a list of rules changes before the game starts is doing
> fine.  Just fine.

>      My first reaction is that some of these rules read like pure game
> theory.  Not a bad thing.  But in the vein I ask what happens to a
character
> that has DX 21.  Do they critically hit on a 1 or a 2.  And a DX 22 on a
> 1-3?

I'm inclined to tteat DX 22 no differently vis-a-vis criticals. I am
envisioning possibly keeping my expert and master combat talents, so an
expert is -4DX to hit and a master is -8DX to hit. This would make DX >19 an
asset.

At the minimum, DX>19 is no less useful in a d20 TFT system than in the
standard system.

>   My only comment is that from the research I have done it apparently
takes
> much longer than 30 seconds to bleed to death.  Arterial bleeding takes
> about 5 minutes.  I would suggest that characters wounded worse than -6
lose
> 1 point of ST per 2 minutes or 24 turns.

I'm sure your research is accurate; I use the term "bleeding" to describe
"he's dying -- quick someone help him". The drama of this kind of system is
often a hoot.

>      The healing spells will be a must with any team of adventurers.  From
> experience with my players I know they will immediately try to marry the
> healing spells to a magic item with a ST battery so they can be
> automatically healed while fighting.  Is this possible?

Not in my campaign. Not at first anyhow. :-)

The goal of the healing spells was (a) to give a limited capability for in
battle healing and (b) much more importantly to give an ability to recover
from fights and carry on. Simply increasing ST just makes the battle go
longer in my experience. But providing an easy way to get substantial
healing *in between* fights encounters allows you to string together a
series of dungeon type encounters, yet keep individual fights short and
challenging. I hope it works out that way...

I would add that this is a blatant fudge designed to enable dungeon crawls
(and other combat intensive campaigns) and might not be appropriate for
other kinds of TFT games.

>      Two comments about the extra talent points.  All of the monsters get
> this too, right?

If appropriate, probably so.

> And the notation on the character sheet.  I have my
> players record their talents as 'name'('cost').  Like this.
>
>   Sword(2), Sheild(1), Blur(3), Running(2)

I do as well and agree with your analysis.

--Ty