Re: (TFT) TFT d20: The Heresy Continues...

After contaminating TFT with polyhedrals (using a d20 to
resolve attribute rolls instead of 3d6; my heretical weapon
chart incorporating all the polyhedrals except the d30
[which even I think is heretical]), I have decided to
continue my apostacy and replace the TFT magic system with
the D&D magic system.

<Waits for the howls of outrage and indignation to subside.>

Ty,
Have you lost your mind? What in the world are you doing. I have seen people write up some nice conversions of stuff from other games into TFT format, but this. This is migrating TFT to the D&D 3rd Ed. format.

ROTFLMAO!
Not at you specificly Ty. You ought to see some of MY ideas..... but you called this one yourself and this is a pretty good 'howl of outrage'.

D&D magic has far too many area affect spells. Big huge burn up everyone type spells. Spells that put them all into sleep. Spells that control eveyone below a certain level. In my TFT mentality this means that monsters get these spells too. And that means they can put the whole party to sleep. Or they can burn up a whole town with one spell. This is the fundamental injustice of the D&D system. Monsters get different saving throws for the same level. They get different attack tables. They even get different hit dice. And to add insult to injury they don't equal access to the spells. Why?

   David Michael Grouchy II

Talk about hitting the nail on the head! I've got a little paper that addresses just this sort of thing and it's no coinkedink what that Mr. Grouchy is a major source of my ideas.To treat monsters as somekind of infinatly generated generic gp ATM is a HUGE diservice to game and players.The very best villans are PC's themselves..... Thanks Mad Hobbit!