Re: (TFT) The new spells of IQ 9

Poison gas(C):

From: "Cas and Lisa \(also Silvia, Max & Viveka\) Liber"

 .....I rewrote a little

Cas,
Excellent addtition to the spell. I like the clarification for an alchemist detecting the gas at 1D less. A specific rule tie in, that sets precident for the gas being invisible.

Corrosive Poison(C):........

From: "Cas and Lisa \(also Silvia, Max & Viveka\) Liber"

The 2nd spell seems alot more powerful than the first - maybe
move it up to IQ 11 or 12?

But at a five to one cost, its an awful lot more expensive to cast. I think for that much fatigue it could almost be stronger.

Life(S): .........

From: "Cas and Lisa \(also Silvia, Max & Viveka\) Liber"

a better name for this would be 'Mend' as it refers to inanimate
objects (and golems and skeletons too?), though this is obviously
aready in D&D.

Life is the first of a string of tie in spells. They offer a slightly specific tradition for Weapon/Armor Enchantment. I have always prefered a small family of unique magic weapons that vibrate with power, or speak to their weilders, or even talk telepathically to their owner's mind. Mend as a name is going in another direction. The use of a Life spell on a skeleton is a great question. I completely over looked it. I haven't tested this spell on players yet, and none of them has an IQ 20 wizard yet. I would have to rule against it. Life is anathema to undead. It should do one point of damage to the skeleton. A golem is another question. I'll get into a new selection of Labs and creating things in some of the higher IQ spells. It really depends on the Lab and what the wizard is creating there. I mean to say, specifically what type of golem(s) we're talking about.

Slime walk(T):  ..........

From: "Cas and Lisa \(also Silvia, Max & Viveka\) Liber"

is this like a shape change - if under doors then thru keyholes
too? Could be difficult with some players who may use it as a
shape changing spell............adjudications anyone?

I'm nervous about player abuse on this one too, but I feel there are enough combat spells, and I want to encourage a type of mage I haven't seen much of. The spy type mage. As a GM they are my favorite. It gives me logical suspension of disbeleif on why my bad guys may have inside info on the players' plans. I'll definitely be watching my players close on this one. To see how its used. Maybe refine it's wording.

   David Michael Grouchy II