Re: (TFT) Druids, Clerics and such

----- Original Message -----
From: <dwtulloh@zianet.com>
To: <tft@brainiac.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 3:06 PM
Subject: Re: (TFT) Druids, Clerics and such

> I would say yes, but you have to be careful how to implement this
> as what you've written smacks of character alignments (bleah).
> But certainly you could work this up as these deities are generally
> recognized as good ... these as neutral ... these as evil and work
> from there without having to force a character to preselect an
> alignment.

Wasn't thinking of going into the character alignment bottomless pit
but yes the main gods would have a leaning towards good, evil or
neutral and for the most part I think PC's would follow suit but there
are always exceptions to the rule.

> If I understand this, you're proposing to make it more difficult to
> learn spells AND limiting the character to certain weapons they can
> employ. But I don't see anything they can gain for accepting these
> restrictions.  If there's nothing to gain, why would anyone want to
> play a priest/cleric character?

Definitely something to ponder and work around like I said I am trying to
figure out away to add in this type of character and the original rule set
did not flesh them out well so to speak. Didn't say I had it figured out
yet.
Just tossing it out to see what results I get so to speak.

> Perhaps a higher cost to learn certain spells but a reduced cost
> to learn others, based upon the mythos surrounding the worshipped
> deity.  But you have to be careful with this as well ... take the
> spell "Wizard's Wrath" for instance - it can take the form of a
> punch, a fireball or lightning - whatever the player desires.

I was also thinking about something along this line with maybe some altered
watered down or beefed up spells for Cleric/Druid types

> Would you allow the priest to cast Wizard's Wrath: Lightning and
> Wizards Wrath: Punch, but not Wizards Wrath: Fireball?
> Dan

No this is where a modification would come in or the spell would not be
able to be used at all.