Re: (TFT) Gates?

From: Mark Tapley <mtapley@swri.edu>

"There is a small chance that a Gate will malfunction and be
destroyed each time it is used. The GM should roll 3 dice
each time a **figure** passes through. ..."

Mark,
If it fails it starts to flicker and will fail in one minute. This is enough time for a platoon to run through the gate real fast. Before it fails. From this I use the following assumptions... The relevant one is point 4).

  1) I check for failure for each use of the gate.
2) When one figure passes through so do environmental effects like rain, wind, or snow. 3) The gate closes behind each figure, requiring a new roll for the next character. 4) If the rule on the gate only allows environment to pass through, and not characters, then the gate may opperate in an "always on" state. This allows gates that provide fresh water, or cool winds from mountains. 5) Changing the rule on a gate counts as one use, and requires a dice roll to check for gate failure.

  David Michael Grouchy II