Re: (TFT) Staff spell? --> Wizard vs. Fighter balance

ErolB1@aol.com wrote:

Why does it even need to be wooden? IMC, I allow the "Staff" spell on daggers and swords - but I require the weapon to be non-ferrous (e.g. silver). Thus a wizard might have a silver dagger with the Staff spell on it.

For what it's worth, the rules specifically allow this with the Staff of Power spell.

> It's a +3.5 damage bonus. A wizard can already put up to a +5 damage bonus on
> a weapon with an IQ 14 spell (Weapon/Armor enchantment).

But presumably the staff bonus stacks with the regular weapon
enchantment bonus, so he can put both on the weapon if he wants.
That's what makes it really powerful to work it this way.