Re: (TFT) Too simple / not as simple or elegant... Survey

--- rsmith <rsmith@lightspeed.ca> wrote:
> - What are the top 3 things that TFT does right.

Downtime between adventures summarized by 'job' rolls.
 There needs to be a 'dillettante layabout' entry,
though.  A three-week drinking/wenching spree should
certainly have associated Risk Numbers.

Verbal and somatic components for spells adjusted by
IQ over that which the spell requires.  I can't think
of any other system that provides that color without
also calling on such extraneities as the phase of the
moon.

A Cidri-sized world full of adventure in less than
half an inch.

> - What are the top 3 things that TFT OVER
> SIMPLIFIES.

Resisting HTH.  Roll 1d6, and ST/DX/Talent differences
DO NOT APPLY?  In a game where every other roll is in
some way based on your stats?

Movement has 3 speeds.  Dwarf/Human/Elf.  My first car
had more speeds.

Alright...  I'm drawing a blank on #3.

> - What are the top 3 things that TFT does in a TOO
> COMPLICATED WAY.

Nothing comes to mind.  But then, I'm tired.  Could
also be that TFT is just that good.