RE: (TFT) Question to list on fine bows. --> Stan's comments.

Hi Stan, everyone,

>You'll be adding a rule regardless, since if you
>don't have a rule to prevent bows from having the
>DX bonus you'll have to have a rule addressing whether or
>not the DX bonus from a fine bow can be combined with
>that from fine arrows.

	True, <sigh>

>Personally, I can see a DX bonus on a bow more easily
>than a damage bonus since the only way to get a bow with
>inherently higher damage is a bow with more pull, which
>isn't necessarily the same thing as finer craftsmanship--
>it's more just related to the user's strength and training.
>For more damage, add a 'stronger' bow.  As far as fine
>weapons, I think the way most in keeping with the existing
>fine weapons rule would be to allow fine metal arrowheads
>to add damage (only), and fine bows for a DX add (only).
>Just my opinion.

	Not necessarily.  Let us say you are an armored
building a simple bow.  You can whip one out or go to a
lot of trouble to make sure the strongest heart wood is
along the inside of the span to give it more flex.  Making
the 'yew wood' backed bow that Erol talked about a while
ago.

	For backed and compound bows, the argument is
stronger that extra care and labor would result in more
power for a given draw.

	I can see arguments for it either way.  I am just
wondering what people think as far as play balance goes.

>Are you allowing this for crossbows too?

	DammedifIknow. Probably.