(TFT) A Thought on the St Cost to Renew Spells

snip
just a poor man's substitute for a
continuing-spell magic item?
snip

"Share the St" house rule           Costs-St Item
spell subject pays 1 St per turn    spell subject pays 1 St per turn

subject must have wizard friend     no wizard needed
wizard must pay initial St cost     no higher initial St cost
wizard must make Dx roll            no Dx roll needed

wizard's friendship is "free"       Item costs money
# of spells limited by wiz IQ       # of spells limited by rule of 5
snip

This seems like a reasonable house rule to me. I never played using fST type rules for fighters, it would not unbalance play IMO any more than magic items. Loss of ST puts you closer to death, regardless of the source of the loss.

If one were worried about balance, you can insist the spell recipient spend one turn "absorbing the transfer" as if they were casting a spell. In most fights, it would be very dangerous to have that much "down time".

Alan Resmondo