Re: (TFT) Overland Travel

In a message dated 12/18/2003 11:46:00 PM Central Standard Time,
david_michael_grouchy_ii@hotmail.com writes:

>    That mean in 1 hour and 15 minutes a character could double their speed
> and recover their fatigue.  All characters would do this.  I would use a
> different approach for forced march rules.  They only add 12km a day, and
> any character that does so can't recover ANY fatigue unti they rest for a
> whole day.

I do something similar but not quite so extreme. Characters lose a flat
amount of fatigue when they travel faster than normal, rather than
so-much-per-hour, *and* they are unable to recover fatigue when traveling at a forced march.

The amount of fatigue lost depends on the speed and the terrain. In rough
terrain, even my standard slow movement rate (3kph) costs 2 fatigue.

Erol K. Bayburt
ErolB1@aol.com