RE: (TFT) Overland Travel

Hello all,

Dan - Thanks for the math example.

In the links I posted are several books for small units/ escape and evasion / etc.

The book I wanted to find had some thumb rules about when to cross a hill versus when to go around the hill to save time and strength. How far to go before breaks etc.

If you DO NOT want to be noticed, you have to go slow.

If you are doing a "forced march" or otherwise travelling at faster than a walk, you will be noticed by your possible opponent. You are more subject to ambush, in game terms, you will lose initiative at best. At jogging speed, you may not notice your opponent until the crossbow bolt strikes.

If you are travelling on public roads/public trails, there is still foot and cart traffic. Some societies may have traffic/courtesy rules about passing. If you pass a caravan and make the caravan guide "eat dust" or otherwise look at your mule's rear end, he may take offense.

Even in "safe" territory, the faster you go, the more noise you make. This may attract some large
predators and scare away the small ones.

Alan Resmondo