Re: (TFT) Hex map

At 03:34 PM 2/13/04 -0500, Stan wrote:
I've created a number of megahexes using 1" hexagonal ceramic tiles glued together at the edges into standard megahexes.

That sounds really nice!

I ultimately switched to using a clear overlay that has the hexes on the overlay itself. This way i can draw my maps on blank easel paper (it's thin enough that during preparation you can put a sheet on top of the hex overlay and see through it to draw in accordance with the grid).

Yep! That's what I like to do.

Another approach is to copy (or computer print) plain hex sheets and then draw the map on those. Either way, you can preserve the scene of the action for instant re-use or re-examination later on, which is nice. If you can duplicate the map, or if you won't want to re-use its original form, you can also draw signs of the action on the map, including blood spatters, foot prints, dead bodies, dropped and toppled items and so on, and end up with a nice forensic aftermath, which you can then show to other players and they can try to figure out what happened. It's especially good in a system like GURPS where there is a lot of maneuver, retreating to avoid blows, and two-hex flying bodies etc.

PvK