Re: (TFT) Hex map

From: Peter von Kleinsmid <pvk@oz.net>

Another approach is to copy (or computer print) plain hex sheets and then draw the map on those. Either way, you can preserve the scene of the action for instant re-use or re-examination later on, which is nice.

Peter,
I, too, have done this. For my "Goblin road", and "The liche's tower" adventures. I made a huge mega hex sheet and drew in all the details ahead of time. Instead of using miniatures I had everyone use a pencil, and mark their places. Even dropped weapons were drawn in. When the adventure was over, the map was a detailed record of where the characters had gone and what they had done. It was something they enjoyed looking at again a year later, and reliving the events. I eventually lost the sheet though. Something I regret.

    David Michael Grouchy II