Re: (TFT) Turbo-destriers?

I think the Speed Movement spell would pretty much work as advertised, though definitely with double ST cost for a 2-hex target.  (Personally, I'd say triple cost to account for the bulk/quasi-hex of the rider, but that's just me being difficult. Double cost is what the rules would call for.)

The other methods, though...pretty dodgy.  I can see all kinds of problems with getting horses to drink potions and I'd imagine it to be somewhere between very hard and impossible to get a animal to activate a magic item.  A non-activating/no ST item...possible, I imagine, but rather costly.  Don't make it a horeshoe, horeshoes wear out far too fast and get lost far too often.