Re: (TFT) My new TFT Web Site

Hi Dave,
   Beautiful work! Wow!  I've also added a favorite to your
site on my browser.

   I agree completely with PvK (Peter?).  I think his comments
are right on.  However, you are right, Legolas should be -2 MA
from cloth since he is an elf.

   As for the Mithril Armor Frodo had, I would have it stop
5 or 6 hits and give no penalties at all.  I would make the
ring more dire.  It does not cost ANY fST to use, it gives
Frodo the control ork spell if he wants it (this would cost
fST), but the Balrog instantly knows which hobbit is Frodo and
will go berserk.   The Balrog is NOT at -6 DX attacking Frodo
when the ring is on.  Also any use of the Ring (especially
using it dominating power) would severely affect the victory
conditions (Fellowship can not get better than a tie in this
case, for example.)

   I would start the Fellowship farther from the bridge.
They have to fight their way thru the orks, quickly enough
to beat the Balrog.  I would put down broken ground to add
more tactical possibilities and as PvK says, this will help
the fellowship player.  This will give the orks a tactical
decision.  Do I send my figures at the fellowship at once
(where they will be quickly slaughtered), or let them build
up to a more powerful force but let the Fellowship get
much closer to the bridges.

   I know it is not as it happened in the books, but I
would likely start the Fellowship on the far side of the
pits.  Give Legolas an arrow with a rope tied to it, &
the fellowship has to swing across, have Gandalf put out
the fire and let people leap across, etc.

   With the fellowship beefed up as PvK suggests, I think
you should put in a couple more heroic orks above the norm.
Perhaps which ones are better could be hidden from the
Fellowship player.

   I would definitely give the trolls a bit of armor.  With
their ST, they can wear it with out penalty.

   I would impose some moral rules on orks.  So if a batch
are killed in one turn, the survivors will retreat back 10
hexes for a couple turns until their numbers build up again.
Once the Balrog shows up their moral is _Just_ _Fine_!

   Good luck, Rick