Re: (TFT) How many licks does it take...

In a message dated 2/23/2004 8:51:15 PM Central Standard Time,
johnnyboytmm@juno.com writes:

> I will not be introducing this house rule in my game, because I don't see
anyone
> using it if I offered.  No one has used any of the peculiar weapons yet
> (especially since I dropped the damage of boomerangs to 1+2 instead of 2d,
> which I think I stole from Ty's site).

> Anyway, thats how I think attempting to break your opponent's sword should
> work.  What do you think?

I think it's peculiarly inconsistent for it to be easy to accidentally break
your own sword but hard to deliberately break your opponent's. If a sword can
be broken by an accidental miss-and-slam-into-something-hard, then it ought to
be breakable by a grab-opponent's-wrist-and-stomp-on-blade maneuver.

It should be easier to break a weapon deliberately than it is to break it
accidentally. In particular, it should be possible to break a weapon without
having to use some special device or buying some special talent. These things
aren't needed for accidentally breaking a weapon, so they shouldn't be needed for
deliberate weapon-breaking either.

I wouldn't make as easy as I proposed in my earlier post - but then I don't
use the "break on a roll of 18" rule either.

Erol K. Bayburt
Evil Genius for a Better Tomorrow