Re: Re: (TFT) Doing damasge modernly

Robert Morger
Pangaea_TFT Fantasy RPG adventure
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Pangaea_TFT/
Subscribe:  Pangaea_TFT-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

>Yes. So again, much depends on desire for accuracy versus
>playability, and also on how lethal the players want combat to
>be. I tend to think it makes sense to figure out how things work
>in real life accurately and realistically, then figure out what
>the players want combat to be like, and then try to make up
>playable rules for that.
>
>PvK
>=====

I agree that this probably is the best way to go about making up
rules for any game but there is a major problem with playability
in the case of firearms. There are a couple of technically
fantastic games out there that handle gunshot trauma but they are
so complicated that they are virtually unplayable.

So as usual I will look for a simple fix even if it isnt that
realistic.

The other problem is what do you do about weapons that you have
less information to work with.

Ie. railguns a weapon that uses magnetics to accelerate a slug to
incredible speeds to do pure kinetic damage.

Or lazers (much more information for this one) high intensity
light beam that burns through target.

Or partical beam weapons that are basically a combination of the
railgun and lazer.

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net