Re: (TFT) TFT Healing

------------ ErolB1@aol.com wrote:------------------------
Anyway, my preference is for a mix of opponents, some who fall quickly
and e
asily, and some who don't (with the first sort usually coming in large
numbers). And I like PCs who have great staying power; who are hard to
kill and slow
to die. (And who show great competence - e.g. they're not hard to kill
due to
being turtles with adjDx 5 and 10 points of armor.)

I like a mix of opponents too.  I NEVER scale the challenge to the
party, but to the circumstance.
A group of hobgoblin brigands,
5 highwaymen and their pet Etin,
3 drunken thugs,
a violent bandit gang,
a small but disciplined raiding party of kobolds,
a hymenopteran hive over 100 strong,
a dozen giants and Ogres led by a giant wizard,
a cave with 50 Trogledytes

are all out there in the world, how challenged you are depends on
which ones you go after, and whether you survive depends mostly on how
smart, prepared, and lucky you are.

My party (10 strong and usually competent) split up and  got routed and
humiliated by the handful of kobolds who should have been little
threat.  They also patiently destroyed the 100 hymenopterans who I was
sure would kill the entire party, but they played brilliantly and got
no bad luck.  Ya just never know - that's why you play out the
encounters, to see what happens.

But that is just us.  The otherthing is I NEVER have a solution in mind
that the party could disover or stumble upon.  If i am supposed to
build an impregnable fortress, that is what I try to design.  The best
way in might be to show up with 10,000 barbarians on your side,
barring that I have no advice for you.

The gang seems to enjoy this style, though I imagine it is not for
everyone.

Oh yeah, and no magical healing for me, getting stabbed hurts around
here.

John