Re: (TFT) Lifeisfun: Weapons and STR mins

Saying that typical people could wield a weapon of about +2 ST higher than the heaviest weapon they could use effectively for a while, but would then be exhausted after a couple of minutes, is a good point.

It's another perspective on what I was saying about TFT being an oversimplification. To me, it points out a few weak points in the rules. After all, if the rules said a figure could use a weapon up to +2 ST higher than theirs for up to 2 minutes (24 turns), many characters might do exactly that, and it would often pay off for typical dueling, briganding, and adventuring situations, since those are often very short-term affairs.

Some weaknesses shown in TFT ST rules:
* Not enough meaningful rules supporting a decision to use weapons above or below minimum ST (should affect damage in both directions, and fatigue in at least one). * ST is used to represent several factors which aren't necessarily the same or even proportional, particularly muscle power as opposed to endurance.
* No TFT attribute is really appropriate to affect marching rate.

PvK