----- Original Message ----
From: Rick Smith <rsmith@lightspeed.ca>

  When I was looking thru the Codex a few months ago I
came across the original wording and so started casting
about for an easier to remember rule.  Oen of the local
TFT GM's around here (either Matt or Steve) came up with
the idea of a wizard with a quarterstaff doing both types
of damage but armor protects against both.